We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Cuzco to Lima

Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Cuzco to Lima

I am planning to order airplane tickets to go form Cuzco to Lima using traficoperu.com. Is fare type: Economy Restricted ok to purchase and what are the local airport taxes? Any suggestions who used traficoperu.com for e-tickets and you experience are greatly appreciated. What is reasonable price for air fair from Cuzco to Lima?

Thank you

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

I would be cautious purchasing with traficoperu.com... I just did a quick search for flights on traficoperu.com and lan.com and the price of the flights traficoperu.com are listing do not match the price of the flights on LAN's website. It looks to me like they are the BASE fares which you are not eligible to purchase. Better to be safe than sorry...maybe contact traficoperu.com and make sure they understand where you are from and which tickets you need/want.

You can purchase the BASE PLUS fares through the LAN Peru (Spanish) website. Just go to www.lan.com and choose "PERU" as you country of origin. The site will be in Spanish but its laid out just like the engligh site and you can use GOOGLE TRANSLATE to help you if needed.

The BASE PLUS fares are fair game for anyone you just have to watch that you dont buy the BASE fares as these are for residents of Peru only and you will get charged an additional $178.50 per ticket when you go to board the plane.

You should also check out these airlines which offer flights from Lima to Cusco and have no restrictions on who can purchase the tickets. You should be able to purchase the tickets through their websites with a credit card but be aware that most companies use "Verified By Visa" so if you have a VISA credit card you should make sure its signed up for that before you try to purchase the tickets.

www.taca.com

www.starperu.com

www.peruvianairlines.pe

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
655 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

Hi, just bought a roundtrip ticket LIma Cuzco Lima for a friend for $110 in peruvian airlines company.They have a website.

http://www.peruvianairlines.pe/

Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

@inkawoman: what is difference between class H, class X , class S and etc in Peruvian Airlines ticket class? is any of this class for peruvian residents only?

Edited: 10:28 am, October 07, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

I can order any ticket from following aircompanies www.taca.com, www.starperu.com, www.peruvianairlines.pe without possobility of bying BASE fare?

Thanks.

5. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 am, October 14, 2010
6. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:44 pm, August 02, 2013
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
655 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

Rinkalinka, PatQuito is right, price and fares are based in restrictions.

I helped buying this ticket in Peru for a friend from USA because peruvianairlines fare she got on internet in USA is more expensive.Same fares for peruvians or foreigners in peruvianairlines, LAN has more expensive fares for foreigners.

My friend is renting me a room, will visit Arequipa, Cuzco and perhaps Nazca.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,289 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

The local airport taxes are only around 6 dollars.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

hello,

We flew from cusco to Lima back in March with Taca for about $85 one-way.

If time is not an issue, and I would certainly do this next time, just turn up at the airport. Several airlines operate this route.

Regards.

10. Re: Flying from Cuzco to Lima

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 08, 2011