We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are heading to South America in August and are flying into Sao Paulo then heading North to Salvador and working our way back down to Rio to then head across to Peru.

I am wondering whether anyone has any ideas about the best (and cheapest) ways of getting from Rio or Sao Paulo across to Lima? Flying would be the best option but we are looking for cheap, cheap, cheap so if anyone has any airline suggestions or ideas it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time.

Cheers

Anna

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

www.despegar.com GRU LIM will have cheapest flights though not cheap.

Cheapest option Bus through Bolivia to La Paz

Cross to Peru then Lima long trip but fun hopping on and off

www.boliviabella.com

But if you are in a hurry fly...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring (Lonely Planet Shoestring Guides) [Paperback]

8 new from $1.42 26 used from $1.27

www.amazon.com

Best guidebook for you it is all there...

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,644 posts
512 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

TAM airlines will fly you from Rio for $348 return flight.

Pahoa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

There is a direct flight from Rio to Lima on Taca airlines. We took it last month, and it was a very nice flight, albeit really really early in the morning. Anything to avoid having to go through Sao Paulo is worthwhile in my opinion.

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

Just like xochitl I believe TAM fares are the cheapest, last month I paid just a little less than 300 USD for a R/T LIM-GRU which included the airport tax.

6. Re: Travelling from Rio or Sao Paulo to Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2011