We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Hi there,

This agency, Lima Tours is recommended in my Fodors Guide. Can anyone vouch for them? I am wondering if I should use them for a custom tour. I have also sent an enquiry to Ancient Summit.

Lima Tours, anyone?

Kind regards,

Amanda

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
547 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Hi amanda,

Lima tours is a very respectable agency in Peru that is in the biz for more than 50 years, you can not go wrong with them. They have offices in Lima, Arequipa, Cuzco and Puno.

http://www.limatours.com.pe/english/index.asp

Take care

Edited: 11:12 am, April 21, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Good local in business for 30 years...

Prefer www.ancientsummit.com Nina more personal attention

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,439 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Its one of the oldest agencies in Peru.

Well known and very successful.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Excellent! Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

TravelBug,

My husband and I used Nina at Ancient Summit for our trip in October 2008, but it was so memorable I feel as though we went last month. Everything from our hotels, guides, drivers, transfers, etc. was set up perfectly and I would not hesitate to go with Ancient Summit again or recommend Nina to any friends/family.

And in case you were not familiar, she's an American woman who lives in the US part of the year and Peru part of the year (and lived in Peru full time for about 20 years a while back), and exclusively employs local guides and drivers that have been vetted to ensure they are the best.

If you had any questions, feel free to private message me. But I hope you travel with Nina!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

Thanks. I have now sent enquries to about 5 companies. Waiting for the 'bids' to come back. Ancient Summit was one of them but already I am not sure they are my favorite. We'll see.

7. Re: Has anyone used Lima Tours for a custom trip around Peru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 20, 2010