We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungles again!

USA
12 posts
Save Topic
Jungles again!

Sorry guys, but i´m posting about the jungle again!

We have a whole heap of info from PBT on the jungle now but we still cant choose!

We thought of Iquitos, for the pink dolphins but are the chances good that we will see them? Cos if not I think the look of Maldonado or Manu is better. But is Manu worth the extra cost at the end of the day or will we see just the same in Porto Maldonado?

Would love to hear any feedback on guides at lodges too, who´s good who to avoid, and the same with lodges.

Mack

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungles again!

Lots of dolphins around Iquitos you can see them on tours easily

but lots of hassle to get to/from Iquitos but the only true Amazon experience

www.explorama.com lodges best there

PM/Tambopata best lodge www.inkaterra.com Reserva Amazonica

but wild life not as great as Manu.

Best birding large mamals www.inkanatura.com Manu Wildlife Center

For true Amazon experience IF time for me Iquitos

otherwise Manu from Cusco for best wildlife.

Happy Hunting,

Fort Worth Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungles again!

We are going to stay at one of the Exploramo lodges out of Iquitos. I chose that because it is actually on the Amazon. Also, I want to go to Monkey Island and see the monkeys. I'll be glad to send you an update upon my return if you like.

USA
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungles again!

Lorna

Would love to see your comments, when are you going?

Mack

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungles again!

Best time to see dolphins around Iquitos is during the dry season (May-October).

5. Re: Jungles again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 18, 2010