We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable Tour Operators or not?

Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Reputable Tour Operators or not?

I want to book as much as possible with Peruvian tour operators, but can't seem to find many comments / reviews of the ones below. I have found only 1-2 one some and none on others.

Its hard to know if some companies provide the services they promise, let alone if they actually exist outside the net!!

Has anyone had personal experience with the following companies?

Land Adventures (Arequipa)

Inka Fest Travel (Arequipa)

Allways (Puno)

Inka Jungle Trek (Cusco)

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,242 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

Also I thought it was a bit strange that

Inka Fest Travel's Details

Address: El Carmen 509 – Miraflores

Telephone: 5154487755

RUC: 20454859601

Are identical to Peru Travel (www.perutravel-tours.com)

Is it possible that they are the one company operating under 2 brands

(I know many companies worldwide do this)

Or do you think there something a little fishy about it?

Mentioned in this post
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,242 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

I have used All Ways

www.titicacaperu.com

www.kuodatours.com also good

www.pmexplorers.com good

www.perutourism.com PentaGrama

www.mysteryperu.com Arequipa

a good rule is to ALWAYS pay with credit cards

and never wire money so you do not lose it.

www.visitperu.com also a list of approved operators

Happy Hunting,

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,727 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

Of the lot you mention, All Ways has many positive reviews on this forum.

Many orther agencies also have excellent reviews, just do a little search on this forum and you will find the comments.

Grimbergen
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

I have been with my wife 22 days in Peru. With advise of PeruTourism,Lima, and the assistance of Maria Nunez I planned my trip from at home by Internet in any details: we followed the itinerary proposed by PeruTourism - from Lima to the north to visit the Royal Tombs of Sipan,Tucume,Chan Chan a.o.- and back to Lima to join Nasca,Arequipa,Colca Valley,Lake Titicaca,Puno (don't go there directly! Height: 4000m), Cusco,Valle Sagrado and of course Machu Picchu.Stay 2 days at Machu Picchu! Back to Cusco we continued to Puerto Maldonado and stayed 2 nights in the rain forest. From there back to Lima and back home.

Every detail of the itinerary was respected, any guide and driver at time waiting for us. Outstanding organization! Find more details and my impressions on their website.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Chan Chan
Chan Chan
1,344 Reviews
Trujillo, Peru
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Lake Titicaca
Lake Titicaca
1,809 Reviews
Puno, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

Companies I see most recommended include Pachamama Explorers, Kuoda Tours, Q'ente, Ancient Summit and All Ways (for Puno area).

Have not heard of most of the companies you list. But a search on this forum (don't know if you have already done so) for each of them might turn up positive/negative reviews. Also, you might find some earlier posts recommending other companies (for Arequipa/ Colca Canyon, for example).

It's wise to check companies out, as you are doing. Anyone can produce a glossy brochure or stunning website -- but not all provide adequate services.

Mentioned in this post
Pachamama
Pachamama
345 Reviews
Cabanaconde, Peru
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Colca Canyon
Colca Canyon
4,966 Reviews
Arequipa Region, Peru
auckland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

We just came back from Peru. We booked through Peru Tours ( this company works under two brands as Inka Fest and Peru Tours). I don't have enough words to describe how good their services are. These people are amazing! We got everything we paid for. Completely worries free trip. I hope you take my advice and have a great trip.

Jose was our guide for the tour package in Peru. He was great. He has so much local knowledge about the area. Every place we stopped the local people warmly welcomed him and because of him us as well. He spent time showing us the native plants and explaining their healing properties. It was so interesting. And best of all Jose has a terrific sense of humour. We had such a laugh with him. Jane and I would highly recomend this company as a guide he is caring and very competent...

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,242 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

Thanks all for your feed back. Of course I had done searches on this and other forums before posting my question, I just wanted to try and get some more recent feedback on those particular companies.

I contacted a few of your recommended agencies including Kuoda , but they said they do not do tours at each destination only complete itineraries.

Andrewman thanks so much - it' great to hear a recent review that it positive so I know I can be sure to receive the service that I signed up for.

Great to hear that they have knowledgeable guides too.

I have PM'd you to get some more specifics about your experience, I hop you don't mind.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

We traveled to Peru last summer and had the most amazing time, partly because of how spectacular our guides were! The highlight of the trip was hiking the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu. Our guide for that adventure, Hernan, books tours through this website: http://inkaperuterra.com/ We cannot recommend him and his crew highly enough. It was the trip of a lifetime! They also do tours in and around Cuzco as well as other hikes up to Machu Picchu. I encourage you to contact him and let him know what you are interested in. He specializes in small groups and giving them an experience of a lifetime. He and his entire crew are locals and have so much intimate knowledge of the lands, Inca culture and can even teach you some Quechua!

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,989 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

If you are looking to book with local guides, we traveled to Peru last summer and were given the trip of a lifetime thanks to our new friend Hernan and his team! He books tours directly through his own website: http://inkaperuterra.com/ and specializes in customizing small group experiences, so can work with you to design your ideal trip!

Hernan led a group of six of us along the Inca Trail, through the ruins of Machu Picchu, and up to Waynu Picchu. Those five days with Hernan as our guide were the highlight of our trip to Peru. His knowledge of the Incan culture was astounding, as was his ability to make the ruins come to life through his storytelling. His English is impeccable though he was still willing to humor our attempts to converse in Spanish. His knowledge of the surrounding area was incredible and he was able to answer the multitude of questions we asked along the trail including numerous identifications of local animal and plant life. Hernan set a great pace for the hike that was satisfying to our whole group. Not only was Hernan an absolutely amazing guide, but also we now consider him to be a great friend. He far exceeded any of our expectations and we highly recommend him to all!

Tell him Emily and Pedro sent you and it'll be sure to bring him a smile :)

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,989 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Reputable Tour Operators or not?

For anyone reading this post:

In the end we went to the

Islas Ballestas & Nazca with INKA FEST TRAVEL

and on the

3 day Colca Canyon Trek with LAND ADVENTURES

(they also booked buses (cruz de sure & Inka express) and a tour on Lake Titicaca for us to, and even the guides just providing our transfers were very helpful (Guided us to the medical centre and pharmacies as I was not feeling well when we arrived in Puno)

We can thoroughly recommend both of these companies.

They provided friendly, caring & knowledgeable guides, and delivered everything that they promised.

Mentioned in this post
Islas Ballestas
Islas Ballestas
2,119 Reviews
Paracas, Peru
Nazca
Nazca
Ica Region, Peru
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,242 Reviews
Cusco, Peru