We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Hi, we are planning to go my husband and I to Peru in August for abut 10-12 days.

Can somebody tell us how much it could cost knowing that we like simple accommodation and transportation.

We have not decided the itinerary yet but it will be something like: Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, MP, Titicaca.

Thank you,

Vanessa

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

www.gotmyfare.com cheap packages with air...

www.peruforless.com cheap custom tours...

for me $1000-1500 per person and up...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Hi there,

We are leaving to Peru in 2 days for 3 weeks, and our itinerary includes Lima, paracas, nasca, arequipa, puno, cusco, Sacred valley and Inca Trail.

I have added up our costs and with all our hostels, buses, and flights it comes to about $2500 per person. This includes about $500 for miscellaneous things and food.

Note: we are only taking one domestic flight: Cusco/Lima. The rest, we will be covering via buses. If you plan on flying more than that, your price will go up accordingly.

Hope it puts it in perspective a little.

new york
2 posts
3. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Hi Vanessa, I am planning to go to Peru in September and I am also concern abou trip costs. I first intended to do it all on my own, no travel agency participation, just following the suggestions given by travel community posters and some personal research. Then a friend who my husband met just a couple of weeks ago suggested us a Peruvian travel agency, reputable, informative, helpful at all times and with great custom made trip prices. Since I am extremely cautious about buying from people I don't happen to know very much I decided look for comments or testimonials from people who have used this Peruvian travel agency. Here is one I found most interesting:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294311-i818-k1969…

I have not decided yet if I will book my trip with them or with another (I will check on gwovadis suggestions too of course, he is an amazing South America expert), but I decided to share this with you and perhaps you may also share anything interesting that might come your way.

Good luck, Vanessa!!!

judyvacations
4 posts
4. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Hi Vanessa,

I recommend you to have a look at www.inkastravel.com. They did a great job for us in our last trip to Peru, and I know they have tours including the places you want to visit.

Puno , Titikaka...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Hello Vanesa

I recomend you to travel with llamapath www.llamapath.com they organize a really great packages in peru and no more tah 1800usd try to visit their web site and also you could e mail them llamapathcusco5@hotmail.com you coula contact to jennifer.

good luck

altoona, pa
Level Contributor
57 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Vanessa. We just returned from a 10 day trip which we set up ourselves independantly. You can read our trip report on the Peru forum. We went as far south as Nazca: did not go to Lake Titicaca. Our cost was $3800.00 per couple including airfare, food, gifts, and a stay overnite near the Dulles airport.

plymstock
1 post
7. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

How does it benefit the local tribe?

houston
1 post
8. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

can you please tell me how much your flight ticket cost?

Because my situation is that, I have finally accummulated enough miles to go to lima from houston and get a round trip ticket, but I have absolutely no idea how to add up the rest of the expenses, while in Peru ofcourse.

Would you be able to tell me, how much your trip ended up costing and where you stayed?

thanks so much

altoona, pa
Level Contributor
57 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

Our flight tickets cost about $1050.00 per couple from Dulles to Lima via Panama on Copa airlines. I posted hotel evaluations on each of the hotels we stayed at. I also posted a trip report on this forum. Hope this helps

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: 10 day trip to Peru: how much would it cost?

its very hard to give you an accurate idea of how much a trip might cost without knowing your preference for flights/buses. if you took 4 internal flights within peru you are looking at upwards of $400... just for flights... then there is the standard of accomodation you want.

i found this website which provides an outline of different prices with different accom.

www.apus-peru.com/ancient_cultures_jungle.htm