We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

RU
8 posts
Save Topic
Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Hi!

I am planning my trip to Peru on July-August. Could not find up-to-date information on bus schedule within the country (trusted and big companies). Could anybody help me with the following routes:

Lima-Huaraz (Caraz)

Cusco-Arequipa

How often do the buses go from one city to another? How safe is the road?

A link to a schedule would be greate!

Regards,

Ola

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,913 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Check this page for a directory of almost all Peruvian bus companies :

http://www.perutoptours.com/index26dirt.html

I would say that the best are :

Cruz del Sur

Oltursa

Ormeño

Tepsa

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

check this page:

http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/inicio_2.php

RU
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Thank you all! Will check!

Regards,

Ola

elche
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

He www.sabuses.com gives schedules for most of the big peruvian bus companies. Lima - Huaraz is about 7 to 8 hours. Cusco - Arequipa is about 10 hours.

regards,

Martijn

Holland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Hi,

I also need bus transportation from Huaraz to Lima in May 2009. It seems that there are only night busses, leaving daily at 10pm. Does anybody know if there are other buses, also operating during day time?

Kind regards, Maurice.

Sasolburg,South...
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Cruz del Sur has only a night bus service to Huaraz from Lima.

Bus departs at 22:00 and arrives in Huraz at 06:00.

It is not the most comfortable bus ride ,but it is the only way to get to Huaraz.

Heinrich

Fair Lawn, New...
Level Contributor
157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

I will be going to Huaraz from Lima and back in June 2009. Based on Xochitl's advice I started looking only for non-stop day bus service provided by top 3 companies for that route: Cruz Del Sur, Movil Tours and Grupo-Ormeno. First of all, you can't buy tickets more than 1-2 months in advance (depending on the company). Owner of the trekking company in Huaraz was trying to buy tickets for me for June, but was told its too early. From June through September more day buses will be added in cama/semi-cama service (bed/semi-bed). Can't guarantee 100% but last year the following day buses were available:

Lima-Huaraz:

9:00am and 12:00pm - Cruz Del Sur

13:00pm - Movil Tours

Huaraz-Lima:

9:00am (regular service) and 13:00 pm (cama/semi-cama) - Movil Tours

11:00am - Cruz Del Sur

The reason I spent so much time researching this matter because I am flying Cusco-Lima in the morning and can take only 12:00pm or 13:00pm bus out of Lima and on return my plane out of Lima to US is at 11:00pm so I can take only 11:00am bus out of Huaraz. Otherwise, I am stuck to overnight buses. I got several e-mails from different people at Cruz Del Sur. One person told me that 22:00 is the only buses available for next June both ways, while another one indicated that there is 9:00am out of Lima and 11:00am out of Huaraz available.

Paarl, South Africa
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

Hi,

I am also planning a trip to Peru June 2009, and also been surfing the internet for bus services from Lima-Huarez.. Cruz del Sur emailed me and also informed me that they have the bus leaving at 22h00. Then I will be catching bus back Haurez-Lima, then Lima-Arequipa, Arequipa- Puno, Puno-Cuzco.. and the best I could find so far was Cruz del Sur. I am not able to find an English site for Moviltours.. all Spanish??? Would like to compare price and times. I saw another one www.oltrusa.com.pe.. haven't checked it out as yet though! I found Cruz del Sur the best "organized" site so far! Happy searching and good luck. I will watch this space for more "ideas".

Fair Lawn, New...
Level Contributor
157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

I don't speak any Spanish at all but it was very intuitive to navigate Movil Tour site in Spanish. There is no posted schedule for anything past 10 days. Here is the current schedule for tomorrow. I was told that from April - September it will be at least as many buses and some additional. So here is what you can expect from Movil Tours as far as schedule goes:

CAMA - 1st and 2nd level - bed seats

SEMI-CAMA - 1st level bed seats, 2nd level semi-reclining

I don't know what is SUPER CAMA as opposed to CAMA.

09:30PM LIMA HUARAZ NORMAL

10:30PM LIMA HUARAZ MIXTO(CAMA-SEMI CAM)

10:50PM LIMA HUARAZ BUS CAMA

11:00PM LIMA HUARAZ SUPER CAMA

01:00PM HUARAZ LIMA MIXTO(CAMA-SEMI CAM)

10:00PM HUARAZ LIMA NORMAL

10:30PM HUARAZ LIMA MIXTO(CAMA-SEMI CAM)

10:50PM HUARAZ LIMA BUS CAMA

11:00PM HUARAZ LIMA SUPER CAMA

Montreal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus schedule Lima-Huaraz (or Caraz), Cusco-Arequipa

http://www.moviltours.com.pe/horarios.html