We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Cusco to Puno by Inka Express

Rancagua, Chile
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
From Cusco to Puno by Inka Express

Has anyone done this trip before?

Is it a good company?

How was the trip?

Do you have to book in advance?

Is there any other company that does the same route, stopping at different sites?

Thanks in advance

new york
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Cusco to Puno by Inka Express

I did the trip via First Class and their contact is firstclassgerencia@hotmail.com tel# 084-255711

It was a good company and all the tourist were happy. I really wouldn't do this trip again. Instead I would choose the train route or a faster bus. After seeing so many ruins it just became too much for me. Just my opinion.

Same routes as the Inka express.

They are both good and you would enjoy it.

New York, New York
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Cusco to Puno by Inka Express

My husband and I just took Inka Express from Cusco to Puno a few days ago. We went to the bus station a day before we wanted to travel (NOTE: the bus station is on Av Paz NOT Av Pardo as it says in Lonely Planet). We were charged $40 per person and this included all entrance fees and lunch. We left at 7:15am and arrived in Puno at 5:30pm. All the companies seemed to stop at the same spots except for the restaurants at lunch. We stopped at a church, ruins, a museum, and a scenic spot. The bus was comfortable but the bathroom (I didn't use it so I don't know what kind of condition it was in) can only accomodate #1 so if you are not feeling well, take some immodium before getting on the bus. Also, my husband got violently ill about 5 or 6 hours after the lunch stop. I'm convinced it was the restaurant we stopped at for lunch so be careful. Overall, the bus was nice but it was a long day and next time I'd probably take the train.

3. Re: From Cusco to Puno by Inka Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 12, 2009