We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Inca Trail

Hello

I am off to South Amercia in March, can anyone please offer me some advice on how to do the Inca Trail? Like websites, someone to book through, if you book a package do you get to hire tents and sleeping bags etc... as i was not planning on taking these round the whole of SAm with me....??

We are coming to Peru from Columbia (also advice on how to get from C to P would be great!)....

Thanks

K

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Inca Trail

A great website is www.andeantravelweb.com. They list approved tour operators for the Inca Trail and also give some good ideas for side trips. The most important thing is booking your Inca Trail trip as soon as possible. March is not a really busy time because it is still in the rainy season but there is not much time left. You cannot do the trail without permits and in the busy season it books out up to 4 months in advance. The Inca Trail trip includes food, tents, sleeping mats, and transportation but you will want to hire a sleeping bag. I would recommend bringing your own liner, actually I use my liner wherever I sleep!

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Inca Trail

We are going there in April and booked a 4 day trek via this website:

www.inca-trail.com.pe/. They take care of food, tents, etc. And you can rent a sleeping bag v. bringing your own. They are very nice and helpful.

Trista

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,958 posts
538 reviews
3. Re: Inca Trail

Visit the Peru Inside pages. You will find a paper on the 15 most asked questions on the Inca Trail.

4. Re: Inca Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2009