We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful tour operator

Hong Kong, China
1 post
1 review
Wonderful tour operator

I am writing this so that travellers who are puzzled if they could rely on or trust the tour operators in Ecuador.

We are in Asia and are tens of thousand miles away from South America. I looked at the various travel agents in Quito. And I picked Yacu Amu Experiences. Myriam was the representative. She responded quickly and adequately. This is important, when I am remitting almost USD10,000 for the two of us to join tours in Ecuador over the span of two weeks. We went to the islands-Galapagos, flat land-Guayaquil, the Andes-Quito & Otavalo and the Amazon.

Before remitting money, the remitting bank sat on my money fumbling with their fingers. I pressed on for almost one week, complained and threatened to report the bank's incompetence to the local regulatory authority. Then the bank started to ask a load of questions, what is the nature of this company..... until at the end the bank asked a stupid question : when was the date of incorporation of Yacu Amu ? I blew my tops, I know it is there since 1996, but I declined to answer nor was I prepared to do a due diligence check for these imbeciles. This did worry me, I relied on the photos displayed of each and everyone of their staff, that their web site (though AVAST the antivirus program raised the alarm!) showed that they have almost been there for 20 years. I chose to trust the company.

At the end we had a complete and wonderful tour throughout.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
96 posts
1. Re: Wonderful tour operator

Dear Clem,

Many thanks for your reference. It was a pleasure to help you to arrange your trip here in Ecuador. I was very pleased when I received you here in Ecuador after you had some trouble coming with delayed flights, but finally you enjoyed the trip and you had a really good experience.

I hope the best for you. If you come back to Ecuador it will be wonderful to see you again.

Best Regards

Myriam

2. Re: Wonderful tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 25, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands