We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

We are about to book our Galapagos cruise. Has anyone use the services of Columbus Travel before for arranging their cruise trips? Any experiences you could share would be very much appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

Dear PT - they have been in business for several years are I have no reason to believe you should be concerned.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

Hi, I have not yet departed on my trip, but I did plan and book through Columbus Travel. Veronica (Vero) was very prompt and thorough in answering questions either via email or Skype, and her English is excellent. I had a pretty good idea prior to contacting them what I wanted to see, which islands, and what I was looking for in a boat. She was then able to send to me a short list (about 10) of boats and itineraries. Once I got the Galapagos cruise booked, she then recommended extra tours for me to take on the mainland. Note when booking - if you wire money, it will not go through overnight. Leave a good 5-7 days for the wire to clear as Columbus Travel cannot book your boat until they have the money in their account.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

Hi Jersyshoredeb,

Thanks for your advice. Yikes! 5-7 days for the wire to clear...oh my gosh! I have never heard of situations where a transactional bank would take THAT long to settle a wire transfer and this sounds very odd indeed. From your experience, was an explaination given as to why it took as long as a week for a wire to clear to the recipient account?!

4. Re: Columbus Travel Experience - Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands