We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

my husband and I are trying to book a 2 week trip to Galapagos and Machu Picchu for next Spring 2014. We are stuck between the 15 day Tauck Peru and Galapagos atrip, the Lindblad trip or some combination of A & K's galapagos and Peru truos.

Any comments, opinions on which is better, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

Dear Stephanie,

while Tauck and A&K are great travel companies, only Lindblad actually runs its own ship in Galapagos (with National Geographic). But otherwise, all things are equal I would say.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Ecuador
Level Contributor
230 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

Dear Stephanie,

As Heather mentioned they are all good companies. I just wanted to clarify that A&K actually does own 50% of the Eclipse, therefore they do have their own operation as well. In the case of Tauck, they resell the trips operated by Metropolitan Touring.

Enjoy a great trip,

Galapago

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

We chose A&K because Eclipse has larger cabins and is always a Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice. It was the trip of a lifetime!

Edited: 9:38 am, May 22, 2013
4. Re: Tauck or A&K or Lindblad ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 24, 2014