We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

I'm not sure how to post a review of a Galapagos Island Cruise boat. When I click on "write a review" it only lets me review hotels and vacation rentals. My husband and I just returned from a 2 week trip on the Cormorant Boat and it was fantastic! The boat accomodates 16 guests in 8 cabins - the perfect number of people to share your vacation with. The boat was well maintained - with large staterooms (king size beds!). The crew was superb - they did everything possible to make the trip perfect. The naturalist guide spoke English very well - his name was Javier. He was very knowledgeable and did a great job telling us about the wildlife and fauna. The food was fantastic. And each time we returned from an activitiy, Daniel (the barman) greeted us with different cold and sometimes hot (after snorkeling) drinks and snacks. We arranged the trip through Haugan Cruises - our agent was Veronica. Everything went smoothly and efficiently. I can't say enough about this great experience on the Cormorant Boat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

Yes, this comes up again and again on TA. There is nowhere to review boats that ply their trade in lots of places around the world. The Galapagos is one, Nile cruises is another. It's a gaping hole really and TA should do something about it.

They say we should use Cruise Critic, but this doesn't allow it either!

I'm very pleased you had such a lovely time on the Cormorant. We were originally going to go on it as well but they double booked us and asked us to move to the Ocean Spray. We are very much looking forward to it.

Thank you for your review.

South Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

I'm really happy to read your positive comments about this boat. We are booked on it later this year and looking forward to it very much. Just one question - what did you wear on your feet for shore excursions? I'm trying not to take too many shoes because of weight and want practical and lightweight where possible. We'll be travelling through SA for nearly 3 months and trying to cater for 4 seasons in one suitcase is a challenge.

Palmer, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

There are two types of 'landings' (transfer by Zodiacs from the boat to the shore)- wet and dry. You can wear either regular hiking or sneaker shoes for dry landings and Teva-type sandals for the other.

Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

Thank you for your review of the Cormorant - we will be traveling on the Cormorant next January for our Galapagos trip and I am always looking for reviews and customer info! We have booked through Adventure Life and have had great customer service with them so far. We have also booked through them a 4 day Amazonian trip prior to our Galapagos trip. They are always very prompt in returning emails and always have excellent information for us. We are really looking forward to our trip!

5. Re: Recommended Galapagos Island Cruise Boat - Cormorant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 15, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor