We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos Islands

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos Islands

Has anyone travelled with ROW ADVENTURES or COLUMBUS TRAVEL AGENCY to the Galapagos or Peru or have another travel company that you recommend for one or both destinations? Any assistance appreciated.

Gracias!

Joey Merrifield

Mentioned in this post
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,737 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos Islands

In the little green search box above, type in row adventures. You will find past posts and threads. Try the same for the other agency.

A tip, the results come back sorted by "relevance" which means they may be older posts. You can resort by 'date' which might be more useful.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos Islands

Thanks so much. Know Trip Advisor but new to this forum.

Saludos

joey

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galapagos Islands

I have used CNH Tours for Galapagos travel, and PeruTrek4Good for Peru. Highly recommend both. Galapagos is so unique a destination I don't think I would want a general agent who is not very familiar with it.

Edited: 10:33 pm, January 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galapagos Islands

We booked our Galapagos cruise through Columbus Travel & were very pleased with the results. Their attention to detail made for smooth sailing.

Mentioned in this post
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galapagos Islands

We used Columbus travel for our Galapagos trip and everything was taken cared of, pick-up to and from the airport, overnight stay in Guayaquil and drop off at the cruise. We were happy with their service.

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galapagos Islands

We are trying to plan a trip to the Galapagos, maybe a 5-day cruise and then to the upper Amazon. Does anyone know if the whole trip can be arranged beforehand, or do we have to make our own arrangements once in Ecuador? I think we'd prefer to travel by catamaran, as my husband has difficulty with seasickness. Any recommendations of specific tour companies would be helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galapagos Islands

You can most definitely can make arrangements for all of this beforehand. I suggest you check into an agency that specializes in Galápagos travel, since there are so many options and things can change. (I know this from first-hand experience. Twice.) An agency that deals specifically with the archipelago will be in the immediate pipeline to know about any new or different offerings coming along. Several of the good ones are mentioned in this thread and they can all help with the extension travel as well. I also suggest that you figure out your Galápagos piece first and then work out the extension travel after that. That way, you can pick the precise boat and exact itinerary that you want, since not all itineraries are available every week.

Tina

trip report at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galapagos Islands

Part of my problem is I'm not necessarily familiar with those who specialize in the Galapagos and we don't know which ones are reputable and have good guides. If I do a search, there are so many choices that it makes my head spin. How do I know which ones are reputable, and good?

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galapagos Islands

Consistently good mentions on this forum go to Happy Gringo, CNH Tours, Columbus Travel, and Metropolitan Touring. Use the search box on this page to find people's comments (sort by date to see the most recent first) or do an Internet search to find their Web sites.

Tina

trip report at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Galapagos Islands

Columbus Travel, Happy Gringo, and CNH Tours all specialize in Galapagos Travel with extensions in Ecuador and Peru. If you type any of these in the search bar you can find many threads with comments from people that have used these companies. There are probably many other reputable companies as well, these are just the ones that I personally have used, and were very pleased with:

http://www.columbusecuador.com/

http://www.happygringo.com/index.html

cnhtours.com/custom-trips-charters.aspx

oops, I must have been typing at the same time as Tina above.

Edited: 6:28 pm, March 17, 2013
Mentioned in this post