We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos cruise options on boats of max 20 people.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos cruise options on boats of max 20 people.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for cruise tours of max 20 people for 5 up to 7 days. Suggestions on itineraries are aso welcome. Which are your top 3 islands if u had to chose? And finally a practical question. Is mobile communication feasible while on cruise?

Thank u very much

Valentini

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos cruise options on boats of max 20 people.

Dear Valentini,

there is plenty of information out there - you can start by searching for similar questions on this forum. On a typical 7 day cruise, you should have mobile phone connectivity for about 4-5 days. But.... don't let your phone prevent you from getting on to the mind trip that Galapagos can deliver to you. Give yourself time to be drawn back to a time when reptiles dominated the landscape, when volcanoes were actively forming the landscape...

Itineraries are usually good on 7 night trips for most non "rock bottom priced" cruises. It's when you're considering shorter cruises that things can get tricky / disappointing. Also, it's often a question of choosing between a half dozen of this, or 6 of the other. And the truth is, if you don't know what you missed, you don't miss it! Do some more research here on itineraries for all kinds of information and opinions, but then again, don't get too tied up in knots about it. Make sure you have a great naturalist guide - a great guide can take you to a hole in the wall, and have you totally enthralled by it, while a poor guide will leave you flat after seeing a whale and her calf swim by the boat...

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

chicago
Level Contributor
188 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos cruise options on boats of max 20 people.

I was on an 8 day cruise with the Galaxy (16 passengers), which was wonderful (great boat, crew/guide, food, itinerary) . We visited several locations on Santa Cruz, Isabela, Fernandina, Santiago, Bartolome, North Seymour and Santa fe. I picked the Galaxy because I wanted to see Isabela and Bartolome and their itinerary matched my available dates. Each day we saw so much nature/animals/birds/fish. The snorkeling was great. We swam with sea lions and penguins. I think the only thing we missed were the red footed boobies and the waving albatross. My recommendation would be to decide what wildlife you want to see and find the boat that has the itinerary/dates that work for you. I don't think you can go wrong. The Galapagos is such a amazing place. It exceeded my expectations. The only time we had mobile communication was when we were near Santa Cruz. It was not an issue.

3. Re: Galapagos cruise options on boats of max 20 people.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 12, 2014