We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos Adenture (Galaven) Yacht damaged

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos Adenture (Galaven) Yacht damaged

The Galapagos Port Captain reported yesterday that this 20 passenger, tourist superior Galaven yacht had hit some rocks at the Cerro Dragon (NW sector of Santa Cruz Island) and was taking on water. Passengers were on land while this happened. The crew was able to control the leak and took the ship to the Canal de Itabaca (which separates Baltra, the airport island, and Santa Cruz island). The passengers were later taken back to Puerto Ayora.

Based on this information, it would appear that the Galaven may be out of service of a while. If you planned to cruise on the Galaven in the next few weeks, I recommend you get in touch with your agent as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos Adenture (Galaven) Yacht damaged

Does anyone know what's going on with the Galaven? I have tried e-mailing them to get our service voucher. No reply yet, and now I read this... Really worrying news :-(

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,081 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos Adenture (Galaven) Yacht damaged

Jewallin, might be time to make a direct phone call to find out what is happening. Best to hear from the country. I know there is time distances, but better to know than to worry and assume emails are getting through.

3. Re: Galapagos Adenture (Galaven) Yacht damaged

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 10, 2014