We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally in Galapagos - Archipelo II?? Diving]' Help please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Finally in Galapagos - Archipelo II?? Diving]' Help please!

Hola!

So i'm finally in the Galapagos but now going through the difficullty of trying to find a boat that suits my itinerary, the type of boat that i'd like, the dates i am after etc.

The one I have found that closely suits my needs is the Archipelo II that leaves for 8 days on Monday to Monday. I have a LAN flight back to Guayaquil which I believe I should be able to change at no extra charge subject to availability..

So has anyone been on this boat? Any advice on the type of boat, itinerary, guides etc? I am a young female in my 30's travelling on my own so would also like to be on a boat where i will meet others. However I know I will not be guaranteed a room to myself which I would very much prefer.

Does anyone have the contact details for the boat owner who i believe is an italian guy. I have been offered a price but am wondering if i can get this cheaper or not. I'm in Puerto Ayora at the moment so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I am struggling to find any other alternatives except Guantanamero which leaves on Sunday, Aide Maria which also leaves on Sunday for 8 days or Tuesday for 5 days, or Fragata that leaves tomorrow for 5 days. Are any of these worth considering? Naturally these are all cheaper. My ideal was Seaman II whose reviews are all excellent but this is not going to Isabella, Fernandina which are all highly talked about.

Any advice, very much appreciated! Already I think I could write loads of tips for people who arrive at the Galapagos and are looking to book a last minute cruise '- even if you are flexible, it is not easy!

Thanks and please reply soon as I need to book asap.

Nina

PS I have my openwater PADi course - would you recommend 1 day diving to Seymour or Gordon? How much should I expect to pay for a one day diving course?

1. Re: Finally in Galapagos - Archipelo II?? Diving]' Help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands