We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

Heidelberg, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

Which yacht/catamaran (first or luxury class) offers an itinerary of 8-11 or even more days WITHOUT the option to get off after 4 or 6 days? i.e which yacht doesnt give the option for only 4-5 days cruising?

I heard rather negative things a about combining a 5 and 6 day cruise since in between the boat will most likely stay in the port for half a day to welcome new passengers who are joining and say goodbye to those who are leaving. some people even considered it as "wasted day"

I wish to have ONE group together from the beginning til the end and wanna be sure that the offered 11-day itinerary is actually NOT put together by any 5 and 6 day itinerary (if so, i must assume there will be clients coming onboard or getting off after 5 days)

any experience and recommendation?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

Dear Sarita,

you'll be hard pressed to find anything that offers a non-stop 11 day cruise - beyond perhaps Galapagos Travel, a company that charters ships and runs its own naturalist cruises. It was set up by Barry Boyce, who wrote a book about cruising in Galapagos - I had the chance to meet Barry on a few occasions. I think he has since sold his company. Otherwise, a diminishing number of ships still offer the continuous 7 night 8 day itinerary. I've been using the Samba for several years and it it's one of them.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

The Ecoventura boats also do a continuous 8/7 cruise.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

For 8 day:

Evolution, Grace, Isabella II (on alternate weeks only), Beagle, Cormorant (alternate weeksonly), Eric, Letty, Flamingo, Queen of galapagos.

Slightly less luxury:

Nemo II, Samba.

I don't know of any above 8 days. Boats need to take on fresh food so you may get visits to populated islands anyway. There are plenty of things to see for several days on Santa Cruz and Isabela.

Dave Peters

DP Software

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

Yes, unfortunately as long as you're not planning on chartering a boat you will have to stop and pick up other passengers along the way. Of course there is always the possibility that some of the passengers will continue along with you for the 8 day or 11 day tour, but there's no way really to know. Don't fret though because you will most definitely have some activity planned while the other passengers are picked up.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

TE, your post is not clear. You seem to imply that stopping to pick up new passengers is inevitable, which, as Heather and DP point out, it is not. It is quite possible to book a boat for a continuous eight-day cruise. By reading carefully the published itinerary, one can determine if the boat will stop to pick up more passengers during the week, or, one can even check with the booking agent.

6. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 am, August 02, 2013
Burlington, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

The Seaman Journey is another option with a continuous 8 day itinerary. We did the C itinerary which covers the Western islands last month. The longer itineraries have stops for pickups. It was a nice boat and we had a great guide but he was working mainly on one of the National Geographic boats and just filling in on our trip.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

On our cruise we got up every morning at 5.30 for either breakfast or a landing, after we went snorkeling. After that - lunch and again snorkeling. And after the shower again a landing. The only day we had some 'downtime' was the day we switched passengers. I did not feel that day as a waste at all. After five days I was very much ok with an hour or two reading a book on the sundeck!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

In June we went on a Ecoventura ship, which is 7 nights/8 days. We would HIGHLY recommend them - the boats are fantastic! But everyone hopped on at the same time (Sunday) and then they all hopped off at the same time (Sunday). I am not sure what you would do if you wanted 11 days?

Like Franwam said you will not be mourning any downtime - because the itinerary is so busy! You get up early have breakfast or a sunrise and then get ready for your first island visit or snorkeling activity, then you come back and you are getting ready for the next meal or the next activity - there are a lot of islands to visit and animals to see and meals to eat etc, so there is much to do every day. We were surprised just how busy it was, but we just didn't realise how much there was to see.

Good luck finding a good boat :)

10. Re: ENTIRE 8-11 day cruise itinerary without stops in between ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands