We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

Just wanted to let people know how fantastic the Happy Gringo tour agency in Quito is.

We recently had a Galapagos cruise booked through these guys which was unfortunately cut short (through no fault of Happy Gringo's), and while some of our cruise companions’ agencies were of very little help at the time, Happy Gringo were amazing with their response, staying in regular contact with us and quickly providing us with a range of alternative cruises and accommodation options at very short notice.

We subsequently booked an Amazon lodge stay and several day tours through Happy Gringo - all of which were excellent. Tour information and prices were clear and comprehensive and the guides organised by the agency for our day tours (a Cotopaxi visit with Christian and a city tour with Marcelo) were both outstanding.

We can't speak highly enough about the service provided by John, Daniela and all the team at Happy Gringo. Communication was always clear and effective, they were always well organised, financial arrangements were straightforward and the service was second to none.

We would have no hesitation recommending Happy Gringo, they are a very professional, trustworthy agency.

Having travelled extensively throughout the world I can honestly say they are one of the best agencies I have ever used.

HMB,CA
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

So far not so good. Happy Gringo screwed up our booking, put us on a different boat, now we are on a different flight that gets in much later in the Galapagos, so we lose a very expensive day sitting at the airport after getting up at 5am for the 9 am flight. This gringo is not happy.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

We just came back from a galapagos tour booked with happy gringo. (late april 2013)

everything went perfect and we found this travel agency very professional, friendly and efficient : they are very reactive and give you good advises regarding your needs.

I would recommend them without hesitation. we were in contact with bernardo (bernardo@happygringo.com)

he also speak french...

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

We just returned from a land-based tour of the Galapagos Islands, arranged by Angel Nuñez of Happy Gringo Travel in Quito. We found him to be very responsive to our questions and he provided timely help with all the arrangements. It is the agency's policy to to seek feedback about all the aspects of the trip, and I sent them a list of a few glitches. Here is a list of some of them: there seemed to be a pattern of rising taxes and entrance fees on the trip, and I would suggest travelers carry extra cash. For example, the airport fee in Baltra went up to $30 per person during our trip, as did the entrance fee to Isla Isabela - now $20 per person for day travelers. Be sure to check the expiration date on your passport, as you need to have at least 90 days left on your passport to be allowed into Ecuador. Be sure to expect at least some changes in your itinerary once you get to your hotel. We stayed at the Silberstein in Puerto Ayora for our whole eight days, and, although we were very happy with our accommodations, there were several changes to the plans. The smaller speedboats we took to two of the islands could be long and varied in quality. Be sure to bring seasickness medication. The larger yacht we took on two of the days was very luxurious, with big staterooms to change into bathing suits and fresh water to wash off the sea water. The island trips include walking on lava rocks, and these paths can be difficult to walk on - bring sturdy walking shoes. Our party is in our '70's, and I was happy I had my hiking poles with me. I think if we had it to do over again, we would select a ship based tour to avoid very long (2 1/2 hours) boat rides out to the islands. But, the land based tour was excellent, too, especially because three out of four of our party get seasick easily. It was a real peak experience, and I would recommend Happy Gringo as an excellent touring company.

14. Re: Happy Gringo Travel Agency, Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2014