We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

Hello!

I am interested in seeing both Machu Picchu and the Galapagos, hopefully economically if possible. I have traveled throughout Ecuador but not the Galapagos Islands. Has anyone been on the 8 night Super Saver trip with Latin America 4 Less? I would appreciate any feedback, as I hope to book the trip soon.

Thank you!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

Dear AA:

The Super Saver trip with Latin America 4 Less... doesn't inspire much confidence in me. You should do some background research before booking. What ship do they use in Galapagos? Thankfully they are almost all gone now, but there are a handful of original converted fishing boats still being used as cruise ships in the islands... This may be a great deal and be pefect for you, but I'm just saying be sure you know what you are getting into before taking the plunge.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

Is that 8 nights for BOTH Galapagos AND Macchu Picchu? That would not be enough time in either place, in my opinion. You need 5-7 days (more like 7) in Galapagos and at least 3 days in Macchu Picchu (travel time).

Make sure you get a full itinerary from any company you go with so you can see how much time you are traveling and not actually experiencing.

Lakewood, California
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

I am thinking of taking the Galapagos and Machu Picchu trip with Latin America 4 Less also next year July 28. But I am planning to arrive a few days early and leave two weeks later to explore other areas. They may be reliable since they are advertise with Travelosity.

4. Re: Seeking info on Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 12, 2009