We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

MIchigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

I am looking for reviews of Celebrity Xperience and it's northern loop itinerary. I have looked at reviews of other Celebrity boats in the Galapagos and looked at reviews of the Eclipse (currently the Xperience) but can find very little on the Xperience. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

41 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

I'm booked for November 2019 for Xperience. I've had a tough time finding much info. This thread has some, including a link to a travel agent's blog of his trip on Xperience: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29431…

MIchigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
2. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

Thanks!! I saw that!! I think it is the one and only so far!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

Since you both recognize the value of detailed reviews, I hope you will make the effort to write your own reviews for future travelers. You can see the most useful ones under the Top Questions; they detail the boat accommodations and amenities, the food, and the crew, at least.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

Why doesn't anyone post a trip report about the Celebrity Xperience? Is it perfect or not worth discussing because you were unhappy? Even a few words would be nice since I am close to being very vested in that Xperience. Any help would be appreciated.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
1 review
5. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

>>Even a few words would be nice since I am close to being very vested in that Xperience.

¡Paciencia! the good(?) ship Xperience has only been in existence for a few weeks and it takes a while (to say the least<g>) for reviews to trickle into this forum. In the meantime, see Heather's Oct 14, 2017 message -- title is "Celebrity cruises buys out local company, re-brands ships." In its previous life, the Celebrity Xperience was the Eclipse. Reviews under that name might be historically interesting, but may not have much to do with the re-branded ship -- new crew & guides (maybe), re-modeling (?), new owners, and so on. And I think (somebody please verify this), the company is new to Galápagos, so there's have no history to go on.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
101 reviews
6. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

Philadad, will you be the one to write a comprehensive review, now that you've seen how helpful it would be?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

I am heartened to see that several people share my interest in this topic and I truly thank those of you who have shared your valuable time and insight. Specials thanks to those of you who have replied. It appears from my research that the ship made its maiden voyage under the Celebrity Cruises banner and with the new name "Xperience" on or about May 4, 2017. It was previously owned by another company and had sailed as the "Eclipse." Please correct me if I am wrong, but it would thus appear that the Xperience has already made roughly 22 or so "northern loop" and "southern loop" trips. Thus, a substantial number of people have made what, for me, is a bucket list trip. My aging but still adventuresome body and spirit has to wait another 6 months to join the likes of those fortunate explorers. I am admittedly curious and impatient to hear about the adventures of those other travellers on this cruise and if I have to be the first to write a detailed trip report (let us hope not) I will try not to disappoint.

Maryland
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

I’m am in the same boat (haha) only with the Xploration. I went ahead and booked based on my travel agent’s experience with Celebrity. I promise to write a review after our return in May 2018!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

Celebrity isn't new to sailing the Galapagos, it's just the Xperience and Xploration that are new ships they have purchased and are sailing. They continue to sail the Xpedition, which is a larger ship that's been in the Galapagos for some years. There are lots of reviews out there (including on this forum) of the Xpedition. We won't be sailing until November 2019, so my review won't be coming soon. My expectations are that the Xperience will be at least as good as the Xpedition, with half as many passengers.

I'm not too surprised we have not seen reviews here. There aren't any on Cruise Critic, which is where I would expect to see them first. It's true that there have been 20-something sailings, but with a 48 passenger max that is around 1,000 people who have sailed. I'd guess it will take twice that many before anyone would come post a review here.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
1 review
10. Re: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)

>>They [Celebrity] continue to sail the Xpedition, which is a larger ship that's been in the Galapagos for some years.

nks, Thanks for that info -- I don't recall ever seeing it, but of course that's because our routes apparently never crossed. In any case, Xpedition is way too big for me (and for Galápagos too, but that's just my own opinion). In any case, Celebrity seems to have a top-notch reputation, so I'm sure their two "new" ships will get some great reviews, sooner or later; hopefully, the former<g>.

Reply to: Any Experience with the Xperience (Celebrity)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands