We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit control card (TCC) pre registration

ny
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
transit control card (TCC) pre registration

I read that it is a good idea to pre register for the TCC. I cannot do it through my travel agent because we are entering the Galapagos a day prior to our cruise. We will be traveling beginning of June. The website I found: http://www.gobiernogalapagos.gob.ec/ leads you to an "unsafe" site to complete your information. I was concerned since I would be entering in my passport number and other personal data. Is there another website? Is this the correct one but having some security issues? Should I just wait and do it at the airport??

TIA for your help.

24 replies to this topic
ny
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
1. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

anyone have any information about this??

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

See SS:

As far as I know, this is the only way to do it. It's a government site - the only risk I suppose is if the government of Ecuador's website gets hacked. Who was it that got hacked and personal information for 160,000,000 people was stolen? YAHOO? Just to say that there are risks you can't avoid. I would use that website and be done with it.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
809 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

INGALA use the same computer system. Either you can pre-register and put the info up there yourself, or you can wait till you get to the desk and let them do it. It's going to end up on the same database whichever way you do it.

Scarsdale, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

It was hard to find a link to the TCT from the link you provided.

But using the direct page, I just did it last night:

siiws.gobiernogalapagos.gob.ec/siicgg_web/

Chrome didn't give me a warning for that page.

But in contrast with the "step by step" explanation on gobiernogalapagos.gob.ec/step-by-step-tct-on… I didn't find any English page.

So I laboriously filled it out while looking up translations using Google Translate, and I think I filled it out correctly.

The trickiest thing (for me, being from the USA) was finding USA under "country of residence," it's "Estados Unidos."

ny
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
5. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

Sockrateez - while i did not get a warning for the link you provided (which is a different website & form than i had originally found), it too is not secure. Not sure if we'll complete it now or at the airport.

thanks for you help. good luck.

Scarsdale, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

All I did was fill out that page on the link I provided. I later tried to update the information I provided because we couldn't board our original flight (so the dates of our Galapagos stay changed) but I couldn't, because once you enter info for a certain passport number, that's it, it's final. I can't attest that the information or website is secure, but we went to the window at the Quito airport, lined up there at around 5:20am for a 6:50am flight to Baltra, got to the window (there were only 2 clerks working at that hour) shortly after 6am, didn't say a word except a greeting/weren't asked anything except to pay (we don't speak Spanish), and we were done in a few minutes, so I guess the preregistration page I filled in provided all the info they needed. The line moves slowly, perhaps because most people are providing right then and there all the details of their stay. Actually, while waiting in line, we got our check-in bags inspected (the entrance is to the right of this area) and checked them in with the airline. We didn't need the transit control card for check-in, although I read that you do need the card.

glasgow
Level Contributor
63 posts
145 reviews
7. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

Can you advise if you got a confirmation email after completing form. I have completed online and the page kinda freezes after I put in all the information. Just keeps saying loading.

glasgow
Level Contributor
63 posts
145 reviews
8. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

Additionally I didn't put my country in as couldn't see UK listed. I then realised it would be in Spanish. Tried putting country in after completing form and form wouldn't save changes. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, and will I need to complete a form at airport given I didn't put my country of residency in.

Thanks

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
809 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

They will add any information that's needed when you get the card at the airport.

glasgow
Level Contributor
63 posts
145 reviews
10. Re: transit control card (TCC) pre registration

Thanks

Reply to: transit control card (TCC) pre registration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted