We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elementary Schools for Children in Cuenca

Which Cuenca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
4 posts
Save Topic
Elementary Schools for Children in Cuenca

Hi,

We are considering taking a sabbatical in Cuenca for 6 months. We have 2 children ages 4 and 9 and would like to enroll them in school there. Although they are not fluent in Spanish, they both have been exposed to Spanish all their lives and understand Spanish.

Can you make any recommendation? I have tried to find a bilingual school online but none seems to exist.

Can anyone recommend a local school, we would be willing to go the immersion route, but are unfamiliar about how to go about it. Any advice?

Thanks!

Jessica

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elementary Schools for Children in Cuenca

Jessica

There are so many schools here! There is a bilingual school here, El Bilingue. It is run by the lutheran church. It is very large and well known here. I once found some info on line for someone else. I will have to look to see if I can find it again. It is very popular so the problem maybe getting into the school. You other option would be a private school. There are many to choose from. My children went to Los Andes years ago when they spoke no spanish. We really liked the school.

Quito
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elementary Schools for Children in Cuenca

Hi Jessica

did you end up moving to Cuenca? My boyfriend and I are in Quito and looking to move to Cuenca next month. Is there anywhere you'd recommend to live - or anywhere to avoid? We'd like to live in the Old Town.

Thanks!

3. Re: Elementary Schools for Children in Cuenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 14, 2010