We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Victoria, Cuenca

Cambridge
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Victoria, Cuenca

Hi, has anyone stayed here.............? I can't find any reviews and we are going next July 2008. Any advice would be helpful. Regards Popperoo

Southampton
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel Victoria, Cuenca

Hi Popperoo. We stayed at the Hotel Victoria in March and I was very surprised to see the negative review written on this formum in January. I am pasting my review here as you may find it helpful. I can't remember the number of our room but it was one floor up from the garden level. I believe the hotel is owned by the Santa Ana Group, the same group that owns the Ingapirca Posada. We called into the Santa Lucia Hotel and although it looked nice, it was too expensive for us. The Hotel Victoria suited us very well. Hope this helps.

We had a completely different experience to the previous reviewer and found the Hotel Victoria very pleasant. We had booked into a recommended (by this site) hostal but found it not to our liking so walked the streets for an alternative. A lot of the hostals were basic and the hotels were ultra-expensive and then we came to the Hotel Victoria. The building and entrance hall looked expensive but we were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable (for Cuenca) cost of a room. Yes, the bedrooms are two storeys below the street but that is because the hotel is on a steep bank down to the river. Our room overlooked the very pretty garden and was light and airey, spacious, spotlessly clean had comfortable beds and a huge bathroom. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout our stay of two nights/3 days. We were even allowed to have the room until late afternoon of the final day as our flight wasn't until 6 pm, at no extra charge.

The breakfast was basic, just a small amount of fruit and croisants but that didn't worry us as we are not big breakfast eaters.

The hotel was very quiet and we didn't experience any of the evening restaurant noise that the previous reviewer did. However, I would add that the restaurant was closed on one of the evenings, which was inconvenient as it was pouring with rain and it would have been nice to have eaten at the hotel instead of going out in the wet. We did hear footsteps above us from the restaurant at 7am but we were ready to get up then anyway. We thought the Hotel Victoria was very good value considering the cost of the other hotels we looked at.

12. Re: Hotel Victoria, Cuenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 19, 2009