We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retired Director of bilingual school recommends Cristobal C.

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
436 reviews
Save Topic
Retired Director of bilingual school recommends Cristobal C.

Having spent several Canadian winters in South America we decided it was time we raised our spoken Spanish above 'survival level'. We shopped around the schools in Guatemala and Ecuador and decided on Cristobal Colon in Quito. We stayed for two weeks and opted for the 4 hour morning classes one on one format. During this time we were able to raise our vocabulary level, received a very good introduction to the 3 key verbs, and not to be forgotten, the pronunciation of the vowels in Spanish. Jose the Director operates a very efficient school and each teacher is required to come to class prepared for that day, at the end of which you are given a small sheet indicating what was attempted, accomplished. I wanted to better my speaking ability for locational situations, e.g., at the bus terminal, looking for a specific type of room, at the Supermarket, etc. I feel now that Colon has assisted me tremendously in such cases. An aside big plus for us was that the Hostel is within the same building, has a kitchen you can use, and the rooms vary in size all with 'con Banos privado'. We had room #7. As a retired Director of a dual lingual school, my wife a former Science teacher, we felt we were in a position to conduct a reasonable evaluation of Cristobal Colon, and would recommend it should you be seeking to better your level of Spanish comprehension and speaking. Since leaving Quito we've attended another Spanish speaking school much further south in Ecuador and there is a vast difference in calibre of teacher(s) we have had. Cristobal Colon gets our very positive recommend.

1. Re: Retired Director of bilingual school recommends Cristobal C.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 23, 2015