We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airport

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
140 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
New Airport

Unfortunately, I shall be spending close to 8+ hours in the airport, upon return from the Galapagos Islands, before connecting to my flight home to SFO. So a question, what is in the new airport to keep me entertained, if anything? I know there are not lockers, to leave my luggage, so as to spend a few hours in Quito, so what else, IF ANYTHING, is there to do there?

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
317 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Airport

you´re right, they don´t have lockers yet as far as I know. There are a few restaurants and stores but not much else. Here is a list of restaurants according to their airport´s website

www.aeropuertoquito.aero/index.php…

unfortunately you can´t leave your luggage anywhere and leave the airport. Even if you wanted, Quito is hour+ away. If you don´t mind taking your luggage, you could go into Tumbaco/cumbaya the nearest towns by green public bus / taxi. There are some nice malls you could spend some time at but I can´t think of much else.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Airport

You should get an organized trip to Old Town Quito and the Equator. Our city us the First Unesco city in the World, there are tons of colonial Spanish art and architecture from XV till XX centuries.

If you a nature lover then you could also get a guided trip to Termas de Papallacta, there you hava a hiking trail where you can see plants, birds and more local stuff. Also you can do a great hike at to the Sucos Lakes.

Another choice could be Otavalo indian market and its sorroundings.

Get good advice on Trip Advisor Reviews about tour companies that can take you. Always book trough local businesses owned and runnned by Ecuadorians, in that way you are supporting our economy.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Airport

Or go to one of the hotels near the airport. Shower, nap and have a decent meal before heading home. Not the Ritz, but close and affordable.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
140 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Airport

Thank you for everyone's info. However, I shall be sending 5 days in Quito prior to heading out to the islands. By the time I get back to the airport, it will be close to 2 pm. Don't see much use in heading to Quito again for a few hours, humping my luggage around. Therefore, I believe it shall be the old iPad and Netflix. Thank you all.

5. Re: New Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 15, 2014