We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip around Quito

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip around Quito

I am going over to Galapagos Islands but staying for four days in Quito. I was thinking about exploring the city for a day or so and then visiting Banos and the Volcano Alley, maybe even see the Quilotoa Crater, perhaps do some mountain biking etc. I was thinking a trip over a couple of days with an overnight stay if necessary.

Is it easy to get private driver/guide in Quito? Better book it via the hotel I am staying at? Or perhaps book the trip through Trailfinders or such like? Any ideas on the itinerary and guides are much appreciated.

1. Re: Short trip around Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, November 22, 2013
2. Re: Short trip around Quito

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:48 am, January 30, 2014
Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trip around Quito

I don't know why that one was deleted as I did not see it…but one of the reasons they delete id for self promotion…it is not allowed...

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short trip around Quito

TA admin did not delete the message. They cannot monitor all the thousands of messages that get posted every day. When a deleted post is deemed inappropriate by the "TA community," that indicates that a number of TA participants reported it. As VeniceJ says, it was probably for self-promotion. Advertising or soliciting is strictly against the guidelines, thank goodness.

Burlington, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short trip around Quito

We had several one or two day stays in Quito over the course of a three week trip we took to Ecuador last summer. There is a lot to see and do in the city and vicinity. We lucked out and engaged a wonderful guide named Luis Salgado. We had selected a packaged one day itinerary (in a book at our hotel) but Luis met with us and asked great questions about the kinds of things we wanted to see and do. He helped us customize an itinerary that was perfect and picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel each of the days that we spent with him. We enjoyed our time with him so much that we engaged him again for our next stopover a week later. Some of the places he took us were Cotopaxi, (we drove up with Luis while our sons took a "Biking Dutchman" tour up and mountain biked down). We visited an Inca Hacienda, the Cochasqui archeological site, a rose plantation, and the Otovalo artisan's market. We stopped at really good local restaurants along the way. Luis' English is excellent and he is very knowledgeable - history, geography, culture and customs, flora, fauna, politics, you name it! We felt very safe with Luis. He is a very good driver and was very solicitous of our wellbeing. We highly recommend Luis - he can be reached by email at luisalbuja@yahoo.com. I'm sure he could help you customize the kind of trip you'd like to take.

6. Re: Short trip around Quito

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 05, 2015