We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
370 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

Hi

I'll be flying back to Quito airport from Coca & should land approx. 6 pm. I think it would be a good idea to stay somewhere not too far from the airport (in case of any delays in my travel plans).

The next day I am planning to travel onwards to Papallacta for 1 or 2 nights (I would prefer to travel in daylight so that I can 'see things').

I don't really need to stay in a place very close to the airport but perhaps somewhere a bit further out. The important bit is that I would prefer it to be in the direction of Papallacta.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (preferably not something that is too expensive especially as I am a solo female traveller & have lots of 'single supplements' to pay already).

Thanks.

Christine Bennett

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,835 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

You might want to just stay at one of the lodgings near the airport. They are affordable and can pick you up for a reasonable price. These are not typical airport hotels. My single B&B with pickup is $40 at Hosteria San San Carlos in Tababela. I think there are some under $30. Check out the second bullet on the Quito forum page "Is there a hotel near the new airport?"

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
370 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

Thanks for your suggestions. I've just been looking on the AirNB website (I used them last year & stayed in a girl's apartment in downtown San Fransisco & it worked brilliantly).

The place on the AirNB website that I'm looking at is called Casa Tababela (so I guess it's in the right vicinity). It's a B & B. It looks beautiful. I've just sent a message to see if they've got availability. I don't think they've got wifi though so I'll have to try & deal with my e mails at the airport somehow (especially on the day that I get back from my jungle visit as I'll have been without wifi for 5 days - not good for my business!).

I'll look again at the Hosteria San Carlos. $40 looks a good price especially if it includes the pick up.

Whichever place I choose will get a 2nd booking from me as I've realised that I'll need a night near the airport ready for my early flight to the Galapagos the following morning (check in at the airport is at 5.15 am).

Thanks again for your help.

Christine Bennett

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,835 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

I decided to just stay near the airport even though I have a full day between arrival and departure to Coca. If I want to go into Quito, I'll take the local bus which is two blocks away. As I arrive at midnight, I prefer to stay close and use the hour to sleep rather than to transfer into the city. I have Quito time later in the trip.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
370 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

How easy is the local bus into Quito & how long would it take? (it might work betterfor me if I stay another night away from the centre of Quito)

Thanks

Christine Bennett

5. Re: Reasonably priced room between airport & towards Papallacta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 08, 2014