We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

attn: american in quito

salisbury, md
14 posts
Save Topic
attn: american in quito

Hi, Could you please tell me if there are apartments/condos available outside Quito - in the "Valley" areas - or are those areas strictly for residential homes.

If you move to the valley areas and you don't want to use the public

transportation system is it easy to commute by taxi going back

& forth to Quito. Thank you for your reply. Regards, Hans

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: attn: american in quito

Yes, there are apartments and condos in the valleys as well. I think I gave you the email address of a real estate agent I highly recommend, she could help you with specifics if and when.... taxis are fine, it's usually $8 for a taxi from the city to Cumbaya, sometimes $10 - so not cheap. Actually, the same real estate agent was also just telling me that it's quick & easy to take the bus from Cumbaya to Quito, she does it sometimes b/c she doesn't have a car....

but if you are planning to take an apartment, why would you move out there? the usual reason to live in one of the valleys is to get a house and yard.

There aren't many expats in the Valle de los Chillos, and personally I think the traffic there is worse, whereas the Cumbaya valley (that town plus Tumbaco) is full of expats. What I didn't like about it is that it also has a big strip mall like an American suburb....

and another alternative is the area slightly closer than Cumbaya - Miravalle - not sure if there are condos/apts there though.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: attn: american in quito

I just wanted to thank AIQ for all her excellent advice re moving in, medical facilities and places to stay. I moved here about a week ago. I'm staying at a hotel and now that I had a chance to start looking for a place to stay I realized how much on target she's been. I wasn't able to locate the Realtor she suggested. Apparently, her email doesn't work any longer. If you could send me a phone number for this agent, I'd be grateful. I was also wondering how or where to get invitation to this activity that is being planned in the Amb residence in the fall. You referred to it in another thread which is no longer active. I'm quite interested in getting involved in the local cultural scene but I haven't found a lot of websites with upcoming events. Thanks again. WF

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: attn: american in quito

If you post your email address here I'd be happy to email you offline with the realtor phone number, info on the event, etc. Welcome to Quito!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: attn: american in quito

My email is:

windfootsteps@yahoo.com

Thanks!