We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

All I seem to read is advice. Has anyone experienced the procedure from the new Quito airport to in town hotel using a taxi? I'd like to hear about how it went. Leaving in a few weeks...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,085 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

Senyor, the thought of taking a taxi seems to be stressing you out. there are many trip reports that discuss taxi experiences but they might be too far buried to find via the search mode. I haven't arrived in Quito yet either, but from reading posts for some months, the experience goes well. If you do as advised, arrange your taxi at the stand inside the airport, all should go well. It might be a short trip, it might be a long trip. Traffic will dictate this. The fact that there aren't numerous posts about how bad the experience is should tell you that it goes well.

What are your specific concerns?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

Thanks, Quiltingmamma. I'm only concerned that the airport is so new that kinks, etc haven't been ironed out yet. I agree with you that everything appears fine, but confilcting posts about fares, what to expect, etc. don't seem to come from folks who have used the service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

Found what I needed.. tripadvisor.com/…52710520

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,085 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

Given that the airport has been around for 6 or more months, the taxi issues are pretty much under control. Now, if they would only get the lockers installed.....;-)

5. Re: Taxi from new Quito airport to in town hotels...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 11, 2014