We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galapagos return/ international flight out within 12 hours

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
galapagos return/ international flight out within 12 hours

We are returning to Quito from the Galapagos in the late afternoon (around 5 or so) and then leaving for our international flight the next morning around 6 am. We have a room booked at the Hilton Colon for that night (where we're staying before the Galapagos trip) but now I'm reading that we need to be back at the airport around 3 am to make the flight. It seems like a waste of money and time to go back to the Hilton for just a few hours, should we cancel the room? What could we possibly do during that time instead? (We're traveling with someone whose flight out isn't until the next night, so he is going to go to the Hilton regardless). Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: galapagos return/ international flight out within 12 hours

There are several hotels closer to the airport that have been reviewed on TA. I put together a list that can be accessed from the Top Question on the right.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: galapagos return/ international flight out within 12 hours

Hi Sleepy 17,

Your best choice is to stay close to the airport, not worth going into Quito into the Hilton.

3 choices come to my mind: Rincon de Puembo, San Jose de Puembo, Hacienda Su Merced.

Enjoy your Voyage.

3. Re: galapagos return/ international flight out within 12 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2014