We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

Does anybody know where I can find this night market of food in Quito that was featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSIBerTO0Sw The night market starts at the 4:42 mark.

Also, would it be safe for tourists to visit? About how much would the food cost?

I'm visiting in a week! Excited! Thanks!!

1. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, June 14, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

I took a look at it; he says it's La Floresta in the old town, but La Floresta is actually northeast of there. Take a look at all the people in the video out enjoying themselves there--there's no reason to feel unsafe. It's a nice neighborhood. Here's a bit more info about it quito.com.ec/en/…la-floresta-neighborhood

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

If you are into markets & food, then I can highly recommend the Mercado Central in Quito and Don Jimmy’s stall which services sea bass, potatoes, fresh ceviche and popcorn, served with extra lime and hot sauce.

It is on Montufar and Manabi streets and I felt safe during my visit during the day.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

So glad you enjoyed the mercado and felt safe, ET; I remember you asking about it a few months back.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
317 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

that looks good, thanks for sharing, I´ll have to go check it out, anyone know the cross streets?

Ames, IA
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

ET, is this a night market and is something that occurs every day? It sounds like something I would love to go to!

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

The Mercado Central he writes of is a big warehouse-like building in el centro. It is open every day; not sure how late. There are a few take-away stalls, but it's primarily a food market. It's interesting to see the variety of things being sold.

Ames, IA
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

Thanks AZ. That sounds like my type of place...pretty sure I travel just to eat anymore!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

Quito has a surprisingly sophisticated restaurant scene, as well, if one is willing to stray from the tourist scene in the Mariscal.

10. Re: Quito Night Market Food on Anthony Bourdain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 19, 2014