We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

Florida
Level Contributor
142 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

hi! we went to Puerto Lopez two years ago and we travel to Quito in a bus, overnight.. but, i dont remember the name of the bus operator... was a very nice trip, we felt safe, we sleept in the bus and awake in Quito... we are going back but this time we want to do the same trip but this time Quito to Pto Lopez.... someone know about this bus? website? phone? email? ... where is the bus station in quito? schedules?

Gracias!!!

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

Visit www.EcuadorSchedules.com

Put in your information and you'll get the bus companies and their phone numbers. For PL you have a choice of 2 or 3 different companies. You'll most likely have to go through Portoviejo on the way.

A word of warning - long distance bus travel in Ecuador is dangerous - there are regular bus wrecks and, sadly, people usually die. My best advice would be to bite the financial bullet and fly to Manta, which is a pretty inexpensive ticket. When a bus company has a bad wreck, the government slaps them on the wrist by suspending their operations for a month or two and that's it. The guilty bus driver, if he survives, always runs away and is never prosecuted.

Whatever you choose, good luck and have a wonderful trip.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,538 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

I'm in total agreement with TropMem, although I took the bus numerous times (but always during the day). Night buses are particularly dangerous. If you really really have to take a bus, please do so during the day. You will depart from Quitumbe terminal south of Quito.

Florida
Level Contributor
142 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

wow!! tks for the advice... i will check fly too! gracias!!

4. Re: Quito to Pto Lopez overnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 30, 2014