We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Quito- OK for Kids?

usa
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Quito- OK for Kids?

Will be in Quito for a couple of weeks this July. Family of four with twelve and seven year old daughters. Going to Catacocha Lodge for a few days , and using Quito as home for day trips. Any advice about possibly staying at Hotel Quito? Seems like travel site reviews are at times very conflicting for this hotel? (Tempting draw is this hotel's swimming pool to wear out an extremely active seven year old after the parents are tired of treking at high altitudes :-) We usually travel with a good sense of humor, but don't want to end up with a bad hotel experience. Also any advice on Hacienda San Jorge in the foothills outside Quito? Apologies if this got posted twice...

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Quito- OK for Kids?

I don't know if this will be any help, but, we stayed at Hotel Quito about 10 years ago. At the time our kids were 5 to 16. They had a blast. They really enjoyed the pool. The rooms were very nice at the time. They had a fantastic breakfast buffet. The view from the hotel is beautiful. But since it has been so long it may not be the same. I think I read once that they have updated the rooms.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Quito- OK for Kids?

I haven't stayed at the Hotel Quito, but know families that have, and they all were positive about it. And likewise, I heard the pool is a draw. When we arrived, we stayed in the HIlton for a month, which does have a small pool, and is across the street from a big park. Also, the four points Sheraton is a block from La Carolina, the city's central park, as well as across from a shopping mall. I've not seen the travel site reviews, but think any of the three would be just fine.

Oklahoma City, OK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Quito- OK for Kids?

I stayed several nights at Hotel Quito just last week (May 1, 2006). It is a fine hotel for the family. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and the view from the top floor restaurant is spectacular. The large pool will be great for the kids. There is an exercise room for the adults next to the pool. Apparently some rooms at Hotel Quito are remodeled and some are not yet, so there is a difference in pricing between the two. My experience at Hotel Quito was positive and I will stay there again the next time I'm in Quito.