We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ApartHotel Antinea

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
ApartHotel Antinea

My husband and I are traveling to Quito the end of June, and will spend 5 months in Ecuador/Peru. Does anyone have any advice about the ApartHotel Antinea? We're considering staying there for a week or so, and then looking for a furnished apartment for a couple of months (or longer). Also, any advice regarding apartment rentals is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

apartment rentals where - in Quito? There are several hotels that offer long-stay apartments - the Marriott, Hotel Quito, the Hilton, American Suites, the Sheraton. But you can rent a furnished apartment for a lot cheaper. For that the easiest way is to work with a real estate agent (the landlord is charged the fee, not the tenant) - I recommend Lili Cornejo, lilicornejo@yahoo.com. I don't know the aparthotel you mentioned.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

and since no one else is responding about antinea, I will say that I happened to drive by it this weekend - looks fine, and is very well-located - that's all I can say about it....

Maine
Level Contributor
91 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

I stumbled across some information on this place at another site - there are both good and bad comments there, so you'll have to judge for yourself what to believe. I have no personal experience there myself: livetravelguides.com/south-america/…

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

Thanks to both my responders - we'll only stay at Antinea for a few days to get our feet on the ground. American in Quito, I'll send your real estate lady an e-mail and ask for her assistance.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

We are at the Hotel Antinea right now. It is nice, clean and a great location. the staff are very friendly and helpful. the breakfast is good. it isn't the newest..but what in quito is??!! It is literally around the corner from a bunch of restaurants. the rooms are pretty large and it's nice having an outside terrace.

let me know if you have any specific questions about it.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

Thanks so much for your info. We have already booked in for the end of June, so are glad to hear you like it! One question - did you use their airport pick-up service? If so, did it work out okay? Thanks again - enjoy your stay in Quito.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

The airport taxis have a bad reputation - I've received security reports that they have a scam where they rob incoming folks - I would take the hotel/hostel's service instead in a heartbeat. (Taxis otherwise are very reliable. These reports are specifically about the airport consortium.)

chester, md
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

Stay in room 9 or 10. These are the best. 9 has a fireplace, a couch, and a little coffee maker. It also has a door to a little courtyard. I don´t like the apartments as much. Be sure to try the juice--passion fruit and the unfamiliar one ofr which I can´t remember the name. Really good.

Siler City, NC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

Have tried to contact ApartHotel Antinea via their website with no response. Would like to stay there in late July. Any suggestions on making reservations? Thanks

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ApartHotel Antinea

Hotels are notoriously bad at responding to email here. Make a quick phone call....