We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat late?

Montana City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
where to eat late?

We will be arriving late and are wondering if any place to eat in historic district at around 11pm. Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,393 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat late?

There are several eateries in the Palacio Arzobispal on the Plaza de la Independencia; it's possible one or two will be open that late especially if it's a weekend. Go all the way through the passageway until you get to the central courtyard. A lot of restaurants close early on Sundays.

A little further afield, you will most certainly find something open in La Ronda. If Los Geranios is open, try that. Get a table next to the window overlooking the street.

Edited: 7:55 pm, November 10, 2012
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat late?

anyting that you know of open around the Marriott? Don't want hotel food if we can help it.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,393 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat late?

The Marriott is sorta near the Mariscal area but you will have to take a cab at night. There are bound to be late-night places open there. A less frenetic alternative would be the area around República del Salvador and Portugal, where there are some very nice places although I don't know about the hours. A little farther on, in the Quicentro mall, is the fabulous Astrid y Gaston, which does have late hours.

Redmond
Level Contributor
111 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat late?

Metro Café across the Street from Marriott, or Crepes and Waffles. Not my favorites, though. Astrid y Gastón -- I just love them!

República del Salvador tends to close late, but not 11 PM late :( Fisherman's is one of my favorites there but I think they close 10 PM.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to eat late?

BEST OPTION: I would imagine Marriott will have an in-room dining menu so you might not have to go anywhere at all! Relax, unpack, shower and let them bring dinner to you :) I haven't stayed there so I'm taking a guess here but I bet you could confirm this possibility with them easily.

You can also try the Coffee Tree on Reina Victoria and La Nina...it is a bit outside of the hustle and partying of La Mariscal but close to your hotel and Coffee Tree is known for being open late/24 hours. Once you arrive, the hotel staff should know what is open close to them and they will certainly call a cab for you so you don't have to make too many decisions after a long day of travel :)

The good news is that traffic should not be a problem that late at night so it won't be too much of a hassle to get somewhere.

Best with your travels,

Nicole

Edited: 12:22 pm, November 16, 2012
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to eat late?

Bad new for A & G fans - I was told this week that they have closed. I haven't yet confirmed it, so at this point it's uncertain. I've heard terrible reports from recent visitors about the quality of the food lately. I'll check it out and pass on what I find.

Either Metro Cafe or a cab to Mariscal will most likely be your best bet for finding good food that late.

7. Re: where to eat late?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013