We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

Miami
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

How much time Do you think we need to visit Mitad del mundo.???

I will be a hotel EL crater and I know mitad del mundo is about 6 inutos but I want to know if 1hour will be fine to visit take some picture and be ready to my next stop.

My hotel offer a driver for the day a $120.00 each day.private.

I will be there on september with my two childrens 10 months and 3 years olds.

thanks for your time

Me olvide. Is free parking??how much is parking???there is a fee entry per person???thanks again

Edited: 1:07 pm, July 19, 2012
London, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

You will want to visit Museo de Sitio Intiñan.. the real Equator.. it is right next to the Monument site... as I recall there is no charge for parking and there is an entrance fee... but it is reasonable in price... The tour of the site is fun and educational and think it is around 1 hour.... so you should be fine if you are on a tight schedule....

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
429 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

We had about an hour at the Mitad, and found that time to be much too short. By the time we took the requisite photos at the line and wandered around a bit, we didn't have time for the museum. But then, we always seem to require twice as much time as the average visitor to explore places to our satisfaction.

Guayaquil
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

Hi

You could spend longer but it is not really necessary. 1 hour is sufficient to get the photo. If you or your young children are interested in past Geodesic investigations or the quirky but interesting Inti Ñana experiments then you could spend longer. But if you have something better lined up for them then just go and take the photo.

Have fun

Graham

Miami
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

Thanks to all for your attention.

Laura

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

Laura,

One hour will be enough to see the Equator Obelisco and the Inti Ñan in Situ Museum (Real Equator).

Quito and Mitad del Mundo, the First Unesco City in the world deserves a serious and deep visit lead by a local expert.

Don't get a driver, get a real guide instead. A driver can drive a car, a guide can interpretate the history, the culture, the biodiversity and all the facts that a traveller needs to know. Quito is so reach in all of these items that missing the oportunity to get yourself into an educational experience lead by a guide will be something you'll regret.

Get good info about guided tours of Quito on Trip Advisor Ecuador Forums.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Edited: 3:57 am, July 26, 2012
6. Re: Mitad del mundo, wiill be fine 1 housr to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 13, 2013