We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free WiFi?

ecua
1 post
Save Topic
Free WiFi?

Need to do some schoolwork and am bringing my laptop, wireless ready....but where can I find FREE hotspots? Or low-cost hotspots -

I am staying for a month in Cotocollao (North part of town, on the way to Mitad del Mundo) with a friend, no internet access -

Anyone have luck negotiating this sort of thing with

hostel/hotels to get access for a small fee per day?

Alternatively, I can go to the local internet cafe and pay, but this is not cost effective for the amoung of time I will be there and the amount of work I need to do.

Thanks!

CB

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free WiFi?

Hi,

I used the wifi at a hotel in the old town for about a week once, and found it very unreliable and un-workable (I work online). But the old town is far from Cotocollao anyway. I know of one place with wifi ... it's an AppleBee's restaurant near the intersection of Avenida Eloy Alfaro and Avenida de la Republica. It's not as far north as Cotocollao, but it is in the north part of town near el parque La Carolina. Other than that I haven't seen many wifi spots around. I'll keep an eye out and post again if I see any others, as I'm usually in the Cotocollao part of town once or twice a week.

2. Re: Free WiFi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 02, 2009