We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Ecuador with kids

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling to Ecuador with kids

Hello there, we will travel to Ecuador in June with our 4 year and 16 mths old little girls. Do you have any suggestions about where to go and what to do with kids over there. We will stay there ca. 3 weeks. We have been thinking in travelling to the coast eg. Isla de la Plata, and spend maybe 2 days on the coast. We also consider in going to Mindo. What can we do in Quito? Any other suggestions?

Please also advice if you have any experiences with car rentals. I also would appreciate suggestions for good accommodation. We are open for any ideas.

Thanks a million in advance.

Patricia

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
819 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Ecuador with kids

The best thing you can do with those very young children is to leave them home.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Ecuador with kids

I traveled with my 20 month year old son last year when he was 7 months old and he and his mother just left for Ecuador today again and I'm leaving in 3 weeks...Well my experience was very positive and i'm glad we did it theres a web site that talks about traveling with kids www.havebabywilltravel.ca they give you tips and useful info anyway, Ecuador has all the things your going to need in quito and guayaquil go to supermaxi its like walmart..

In quito I would suggest Mitad del mundo, and old quito , chuches also try markets lots of nice knit sweaters you can purchase for your girls..

As far as the coast my son loves the beach, but the waves can be a bit rough for some calmer conditions try Salinas or if you can make up to atacomes one of my faverites ...

I don't know to much about the island, but one question do you speak spanish it comes in handy when traveling around away from the big cities if not its still ok it just helps...Ask some more questions I got 3 weeks to go and i'm feeling alittle anxious.

new york
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Ecuador with kids

Its always an expirience to travel with chidren especially young ones, Its been a while since I traveled with young childern, mine are 23,20, and 17 but we did make several trips to Ecuador when they were young. My suggestion bring a light weight stroller even though some areas in Quito are not stroller friendly most areas are. Make sure you carry bottled water with you at all times. Honestly the hardest thing about traveling with my girls when they were little was keeping the clean. I really had no major problems.

Ask your pediatricin what if anything you may take with you . Good luck and Enjoy!!

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Ecuador with kids

Just to chime in, I have not been to Isla de Plata but our very close friends have gone and loved it. They went whale watching. We recently saw their pictures and there would be no comparison to Salinas. I have been to Salinas many times. Recently it has become very dirty. The locals say it is the fault of the current Mayor.

5. Re: Travelling to Ecuador with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 27, 2009