We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$150 to Tena? Also, how to get a car with driver?

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
$150 to Tena? Also, how to get a car with driver?

We are a couple with two teenagers traveling to Ecuador in June. I was quoted a price for a taxi from Quito to Tena of $150. Is that a reasonable price? Meanwhile I hear a lot of people saying they hire a car and driver by the day, with the driver acting as an informal guide. How do I find something like this? Thanks so much!

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
820 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $150 to Tena? Also, how to get a car with driver?

I've had luck with a driver by the day. You should ask around at the hotel at which you stay. Also, most hotels have a taxi driver who works that hotel and he can help you. Depending on the distance but it is not cheap even there.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $150 to Tena? Also, how to get a car with driver?

Thats a reasonable rate abit high but you can take the bus its about 5 to 6 hours its cheaper or why don't you fly there I'll be flying from quito to tena with Saereo , I'm buying my tickets there because its a little cheaper and the schedule is unpredictable...Have fun

Ren

3. Re: $150 to Tena? Also, how to get a car with driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 27, 2009