We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget

Hi

I am planning to go to ecuador next year for 3-6 months.

What would be an acceptable budget to set for this period of time?

Thanks for the info

Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget

What are you thinking of doing here? Are you planning on living in one city or travelling the country?

Ecuador is very inexpensive and depending on what you are planning on doing and at what level you want to do it, it can be as little as a few hundred dollars a month.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
110 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget

I will second the fact that Ecuador is very inexpensive. I would budget half of what you would budget in the U.S. or Australia and you should have more than enough to live on.

new york
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget

Ecuador is relatively inexpensive, depending on what you want to do and how you want to travel, you could budget low end about $300 US to $500 per month .

your first priorty should be finding a place to stay, and work from there.

4. Re: Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 22, 2009