We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in Quito on New Years - Questions

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
in Quito on New Years - Questions

i will be in Quito for New Years this year and wondered about recommendations for dinner for New Years Eve night?

I wanted to visit La Mitad del Mundo and wondered if the museum and church would be open on New Year's Day? Is it far from the center of Quito?

Sadly I will only be in Quito from 12/31 until 1/02. So I would like to do something on 1/01 if possible.

Thank you for your help!

Duluth, Quito
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: in Quito on New Years - Questions

Hey, well, if you'd like to go to la mitad del mundo it takes a bus about an hour to get out of the city (it is right on the outside edge). I'm not sure if it will be open on new years day. (but if you go make sure you make time to go to the ACTUAL ecuador which is right next to the "official" monument. the line in la mitad del mundo is only a tourist attraction and is not officially the ecuador (equator). Nevertheless, the best (upscale) eateries are in la mariscal (tourist area) or in the colonial center (more ecuadorian) Good luck, maybe i'll see you around! chao,

Ryan

2. Re: in Quito on New Years - Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 11, 2009