We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

guayaquil
1 post
Save Topic
what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

Hi everybody

i need you´re help, i have a work from school and the topic is which city prefer the tourist quito or guayaquil?? please post you´re comments i will appreciate you´re help, and please let me know what you liked most and why

Tena, Ecuador
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

Quito for sure!!! Guayaquil is so much more ghetto. I've been to Quito many times and felt safe and at ease. Guayaquil is scarey. the bus terminal is scarey! and plus it's so hot and humid. They do have the Mol del Sol-biggest shopping mall in s.america. so if you really need to shop.... but even there quito has plenty of shopping. i love quito's art market on the weekend in parque el ejido. plus great night life, cheap hotels and great variety of food in a close area. plus quito is very central for other trist destinations-otavalo, TENA (i love tena; used to live there), ambato, banos and even guayaquil.

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

Hands down Quito. I like the Malecon in Guayaguil, but other than that not much else there. Quito has old town, fun shops and clubs and it is a great home base for side trips. As for safety, I have heard Guayaguil has more crime, but in the areas that I went to I felt safe. Of course you should always be on guard in either city.

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

Guayaquil is a Port city. It has greatly improved since the first time I visited in 1991. It is much cleaner and there at least a days worth of things a tourist would enjoy. The Malecon is very well patroled and is even safe for strolling in the evening. When I lived in Cuenca we liked going to Guayaquil for the shopping mall and American chain resturaunts. There are few Hotels to choose from that a tourist would be comfortable and they are expensive compared to Quito. I would not recomend Guayaquil for tourism. If a person is spending the day on their way to Galapagos, it works for that. Quito is a beautifull city with much to see and do. There is an abundance of Hotel choices from elegant and expensive to small homey places that are relatively cheap. The area near Quito has many things a person can visit.

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Cuenca
Cuenca
Azuay Province, Ecuador
Quito
Quito
4. Re: what do you think about quito and guayaquil city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 07, 2009