We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

Hi, I'm hoping to get from Quito to Canoa on the Reina del Camino night bus. Does anyone know if you can still purchase a ticket in the new town area, or do you have to go to Quitumbe to purchase it and then back later to take the bus? Also, any info on this service, or something better out there that I may not know about would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

Good luck with a night bus ride in Ecuador....

Aparently Reina del Camino has an office at Terminal Carcelen in the north part of town where you can buy right before leaving on the bus to your destination.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

Thanks for your response Dennis Y . Good luck with a night bus ride in Ecuador because...?

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

I said good luck with your night bus ride because Ecuador is the second most deadly country in what reffers to traffic accidents in Latin America, only winned by Venezuela.

In our country there are 28 deaths by every 100000 inhabitants, this is actually ten more deaths than the global media which is 18 deaths by every 100000 inhabitants. Most of the accidents are caused by public bus drivers!!!

That is the reason why I wished you good luck before.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

Thanks Dennis, understood. I'd rather die on a bus in Ecuador than choking on a chicken bone in Canada, but the information is appreciated ;-)

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa

You are totally welcome HudsonsDad!

You are right!

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Reply to: Reinas del Camino - night bus to Canoa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted