We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

Hi there,

We are planning a Galapagos cruise on the M/S Alta in February/March 2006 and would like to combine this with a week at a chilled out beachy type place.

We are into our eco-lodges and are happy to pay a premium to be away from the crowds. Beautiful beaches and good scuba diving are bonuses, but the key thing is to get somewhere romantic.

I don't know if this is possible in Ecuador. If not, perhaps someone could suggest somewhere within a few hours flight?

Many thanks for all your help.

Mark

MIAMI, FLA.
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

after yr cruise fly to guayaquil. from there, about 2 hours away, you'll find some wonderful beaches in the salinas area, great for surfing and scuba diving. great resorts and good prices. also if you are interested in diving, try staying a few nights in puerto ayora before or after your cruise. wonderful scuba diving found there. try finch bay hotel.

mws
asheville
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

There is a luxury beach resort on the coast called Atamari- which is apparently very nice. Wealthy Ecuadorians recommend Salinas.

Pittsburgh
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

Hi my name is Jorge and I am Ecuadorian native currently resind in the good old USA. I recommend Montanita beach go to montanita.com

4. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:22 am, November 17, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

Mark,

The nicest, pristine and undeveloped beaches in Ecuador are in Galapagos - hands down. The Salinas beaches are nice, but it's quite developed - lots of concrete - not sure if you can find the kind of peace you are looking for there. A 30 minute walk from Puerto Ayora (main town in Galapagos) will get you to Tortuga Bay beach - 1 mile of beautiful sand, with relatively few people there (esp. on weekdays - sometimes nobody). I would recommend the Red Mangrove Inn at Puerto Ayora (by the way, there are no beaches in Puerto Ayora meeting your standards - only a couple of very crowded, rocky strips, no more than 20 metres wide). The RM Inn is small, nestled in a small mangrove forest, right on the water, not decadently luxurious, but very cozy and well attended to - it has a little bit of a zen feeling to it.

Otherwise, if you are not into staying in Galapagos after your cruise (I personally think it's worth 2-3 extra days in P.Ayora), I recommend finding a beach outside of Ecuador, but still in S. America - perhaps Cartagena in Colombia, on the Caribbean. I was there earlier this year - nice beaches, and a very nice UNESCO World Heritage fortified town (built in the pirate days).

Happy wedding,

Heather Blenkiron

www.cnhtours.com (Specializing in Galapagos only)

Liege
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic hotel/lodge/beach to combine with Galapagos cruise

Good morning,

Have ever been than on Isabela? That is a realy peacefull and romantic place!!! There is also a small hostal called La casa de Marita.

Leflamin