We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

Just an informative post about a bus accident in the highlands of Ecuador: three French and three American tourists were hurted last weekend during a horrible bus flip over near Alausi. Seven Ecuadorian people got killed. This is another reason why bus travelling is dangerous in Ecuador.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

Dennis, how are people supposed to get around a country? I mentioned in my previous post that my budget doesn't extend to hiring private drivers. I don't like the idea of renting a car either. So what is one to do?

Susan

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

It was a long-distance, overnight bus from Quito to Cuenca. The accident took place on a stretch of road known as the "death curve;" there were already 12 crosses along that road, denoting deaths. While in general the buses are safe--keeping in mind the hundreds of trips that take place every day--I always warn against night buses.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

Thanks AZ. That makes me feel better. I don't like the idea of overnight buses. I may have done that when I was much younger, but it's not for me at this point in my life. Even without the safety considerations, I don't sleep well and then have to spend the next day recovering.

cordobesa
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

Check flights, they are not expensive

Susana

5. Re: Bus accident near Alausi 6 travellers injured

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 11, 2014