We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecuador w/ Toddlers

Wichita
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ecuador w/ Toddlers

My husband & I are thinking of taking a long vacation w/ our 2 toddlers next spring/summer. We're contemplating Costa Rica or Ecuador at this point mainly because they're closer to the US so we can save a bit on airfare (we hope). In any case, just trying to get some ideas on what we could include in our trip to entertain a 2yr old & 4yr old. I know they're not to the point where they'll be picky or utterly bored, but at the same time I'd like to do some things that I know for sure they'd enjoy. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ecuador w/ Toddlers

I would recommend a hotel near Parque Carolina where the kids can be taken to play. It's an enormous park with grass and trees and play areas, and vendors of all sorts of goodies. The four year old may end up making friends there.

The enormous, wooded Parque Metropolitano is also very popular. There is playground equipment, even a mini zipline, and lots of places to picnic in the woods, meadows, or developed areas. A lot of families will pitch a tent and spend the day, putting the little ones in the tent for their naps.

Don't know what the older one would be interested in, but maybe a trip to the Amazon basin? If he's a trooper maybe a trip to Isla de la Plata?

2. Re: Ecuador w/ Toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013