We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days in Valparaiso?

Which Valparaiso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Grange, IL
Level Contributor
38 posts
355 reviews
Save Topic
how many days in Valparaiso?

This is our second trip to the Santiago area, and will be our 1st stay in Valparaiso. We love OLD towns. Is there enough to see if we stay 3 nights, or would 4 be better? We will not have a car. Then we will head back to Santiago for a few nights. How good the bus transportation between the 2 cities?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how many days in Valparaiso?

Ive just retuned from Valparaiso. I stayed there for 3 nights which was one night too long.

Two days in Valparaiso is more than enough.

The problem right now is that many of the streets are construction sites due to some massive improvement program so although the town is a walkers paradise it's not so enjoyable spending your holiday touring construction sites.

Those interested take a look at my web sites for some photos (although you won't fine any of the construction sites)

www.futurafish.com

www.paniconboard.com

Regarding the transport. There is a bus every 20 minutes to Santiago. The journey takes one hour.

Edited: 3:06 pm, December 17, 2011
Montgomery, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how many days in Valparaiso?

My daughter and I just recently spent two nights in Valpariso and two nights in Santiago before taking the bus over the Andes to Mendoza.

Two days in the Valpariso is plenty. Get a good guide for a full days walking tour of Valpariso. We used Michael, the German Pirate, and couldn't have been more pleased. He can be contacted at www.myvalpariso.cl. Take another day or two for touring the area between Valpariso and Santiago; wineries, Via del Mar, coastal fishing villages with wonderful seafood restaurants, and other hideaways. Michael knows them all as well as friends who are a hoot to meet and spend time getting to know.

13. Re: how many days in Valparaiso?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 06, 2013