We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Cultural In Valparaiso

Which Valparaiso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival Cultural In Valparaiso

Is this Carnival low key or more of a street party? My husband would prefer the former but my 20 & 24 year old kids would prefer the later!

I understand this year it will be held the 27th-the 29th of Dec. We are trying to decide if it would be best to spend 3 days in Valparaiso the 23rd - the 26th or be there during the Carnival Cultural. Anyone have suggestions?

Valparaiso, Chile
Level Contributor
53 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival Cultural In Valparaiso

Valparaiso for Xmas is not really a good idea because all the streets and shops are overcrowded on 24th, and everything is closed on 25th. So it would be better for you to come after the 25th.

The Carnival cultural is more like a festival of music, dance and arts that take place mainly in the streets. It's generally free, but it doesn't create disorder in the city. Besides, the shows are mostly in the evening, so it wouldn't bother you for visiting the city.

If you want more informations, you can email me: tompous@gmail.com

2. Re: Carnival Cultural In Valparaiso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 12, 2009