We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Santiago

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Santiago

I am looking for some really great places to eat while in Santiago for the Holidays, can anyone help? 4-5 star type with local dishes. thanks.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Santiago

Trying to find restaurants serving great local food in Chile is very much the same as trying to find them in the US. In Santiago, there are some places, Isla Negra on El Bosque, the restaurant in the Hotel Galerias downtown. This is not allowing for the seafood places and the steak houses. Donde Augusto or the Joya del Pacifico, very touristy, but good food in the Mercado Central. Steak places, El Parrón on Providencia is very typical or one of the Eladio restaurants.

Chileans prefer to go out to eat something exotic, Chines, Japanese, Peruvian, German, Italian or French.

illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Santiago

Thanks, I'll be with locals and wanted to treat them to something special. If you think of any others please let me know, Cheers

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Santiago

chouqui, there are many fine restaurants in Santiago of every sort. If you are treating locals, why not ask if there is somewhere special they would like to go. Most people have a favourite restaurant or somewhere they have always wanted to go.

4. Re: Restaurants in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 18, 2009